My second postcard from beautiful Finland from my friends Caro and Julius! Thank you!!
Lapland is a region in northern Fennoscandia, largely within the Arctic Circle. It stretches across Norway, Sweden, Finland and Russia. On the North it is bounded by the Barents Sea, on the West by the Norwegian Sea and on the East by the White Sea.
Here are some nice facts about Lapland:
- Did you know that Lapland makes up about one third of Finland’s total area.
- Did you know that Finnish Lapland is as big as Belgium, Holland and Switzerland put together.
- Did you know that in Lapland sun is visible around the clock 73 days in the summer.
- Did you know that the only real Santa Claus lives in Finnish Lapland.
- Some might think that there are polar bears in Lapland. Well, that’s not true.
- Did you know that only 3.6% of the Finnish population lives in Lapland.
- Did you know that there lives under 200 000 people in Lapland.
- Did you know that there are 21 municipalities in Lapland.
- The biggest towns in Lapland are Rovaniemi, Kemi and Tornio.I send love!