Here goes a very wonderful postcard from Hong Kong!!! Thank you so much my dear Bradley!! This is Disney Land!! So great! I love the Mickey Mouse ♥
Some facts about Hong Kong!
- Officially, Hong Kong was announced as ‘Hong Kong Special Administrative Region’ of China on 1 July 1997.
- Hong Kong measures more than 1,092 sq km, and includes the New Territories, Kowloon, Hong Kong Island, and many other small isles.
- A dialect of Chinese known as Cantonese is an official language of Hong Kong and English is the second language spoken.
- It is not only a Special Administrative Region (SAR) of China, but also has its own mini-establishment i.e. the Basic Law.
- The union allegory of Hong Kong and China is Sousa Chinensis i.e. the Chinese White Dolphin.
- ‘Hong Kong’ in English means ‘Fragrant Harbor’.
- At the Pearl River foot, to the southeast of China is situated Hong Kong.
- Hong Kong is surrounded by South China Sea from east, west and south sides and to the north is Guangdong province.
- After the victory over the Chinese in the 1842 Opium War, British took over the Hong Kong.
- The topography of Hong Kong is nice-looking hilly region as well as outdoor escalators are also provided so tourists can have a better look over the natural surrounding Hong Kong.
- Hong Kong is among the most populated province in the world.
- Feng Shui plays an important role in the Hong Kong culture, even before building a building, Feng Shui is considered.
- Eat noodles on your birthday is believed to extend your life in Hong Kong.
- Private firework parties are prohibited in Hong Kong.
- In Hong Kong, a couple has two wedding ceremonies. The first ceremony is an officially signing the marriage register and second is followed by banquet.
I send Love!