Here goes my very first postcard of Brunei!! So great!! Thank you a thousand times Sergio! You are my hero 🙂
Brunei, is a sovereign state located on the north coast of the island of Borneo, in Southeast Asia. Apart from its coastline with the South China Sea, it is completely surrounded by the state of Sarawak, Malaysia, and it is separated into two parts by the Sarawak district of Limbang. It is the only sovereign state completely on the island of Borneo, with the remainder of the island forming parts of Malaysia and Indonesia. Brunei’s population was 401,890 in July 2011.
Here are some facts:
- Brunei is a Sultanate – run by a King.
- Same family has ruled for over 6 centuries.
- Major source of revenue is petroleum and natural gas.
- Has one of the highest per capita GDP’s in the world.
- Population: approx 400,000 (2010).
- Time Difference: + 8 hours GMT.
- Currency: Bruneian dollars (BND) or ringgit.
- International Dialing Code: +673
- Electricity: 220-240V
- Language: Malay.
- Religion: 67% Muslim, 13% Buddhist, 10% Christian, 10% other.
- Average Temperature: 28.3C (year round).
I send love!!