This card comes from Joanita from Bahrain! It took almost 8 months to get to me!! Really a long time! But what is important, that it got here 🙂 Thank you!!
Here are some facts abot Bahrain:
- Bahrain is the smallest among the Arabian countries.
- The name ‘Bahrain’ means two seas, which is attributed to the sweet water springs and salty water in the seas that surrounds the island country.
- Located in a gulf between Qatar and Saudi Arabia, Bahrain is an archipelago of 33 islands.
- One of the earliest cradles of civilization, with an archeological legacy of 5000 years, this island served as a very important strategic spot due to its location in the Persian Gulf.
- Bahrainis connected to mainland of Saudi Arabiaby a 26 km long bridge called the King Fahd Causeway.
- The causeway was built in 1982 and about 1.2 billion US dollars were spent for its construction.
- Bahrain was the first Arabian country to discover petroleum in 1932.
- The currency of Bahrain is Dinar. 1 Dinar is equivalent to 2.66 US Dollar.
- Bahrain is believed to be the biblical place of the Garden of Eden.
- The official religion of Bahrain is Islam and the main language spoken here is Arabic.
- Bahrain’s size is approximately 50 kilometers in length and 16 kilometers by breadth, at the widest parts. The island is spread over an area of 665 sq. kms.
- A sizeable portion of the Bahrain land is reclaimed land that is made by filling the shallow coastlines or joining sand bars by sand or landfill.
- There is a famous Mesquite tree called “Tree of Life” which is 400 years old and stands alone in the desert of Bahrain. The fact that the water source of the tree is not known attracts huge number of visitors.
- Bahrain is known for its scorching summer where temperature can reach up to 45 degree Celsius and the apparent temperature along with humidity can be as high as 50 degree Celsius.
- Once Bahrain hoisted the largest national flag that stood 318 by 555 feet high. The record was broken by an Israeli Flag.
- The world’s largest simultaneous coin toss event was organized in the British School of Bahrain, by the Guinness Book of World Records.
- The Bahrain World Trade center is the world’s first high rise building to have incorporated wind turbine in its design.
I send love!