Thank you very much Angela for this lovely card! Angela is also a blogger! Have a look at her great blog here♥.
This is also the first card I got from Singapore, well apart from a little addcard for condoms 🙂
Clarke Quay is a historical riverside quay in Singapore, located within the Singapore River Planning Area. The quay is situated upstream from the mouth of the Singapore River and Boat Quay.
Some facts about Singapore:
1. Interesting Fact: Singapore measures just 41.8km by 22.5km and is home to nearly 5 million people – making it the second most densely populated country in the world, after Monaco.
2. Fun Fact: The National Orchid Garden houses the largest display of tropical orchids in the world, with over 1,000 species and 2,000 hybrids.
3. Random Fact: The Bukit Timah Nature Reserve contains more tree species in one hectare than in the whole of North America.
4. Interesting Fact: Singapore has four official languages (English, Mandarin, Tamil and Malay) and four official religions (Buddhism, Islam, Hinduism and Christianity).
5. Historical Fact: Sir Stamford Raffles, the founder of modern Singapore first stepped ashore on 29th January 1819.
6. Fun Fact: More than 600 financial institutions operate in Singapore, and it is home to South East Asia’s largest stock market, and the World’s fifth largest foreign exchange centre.
7. Random Fact: Changi Airport received a total of 37.2 million passengers in 2009.
8. Weird Fact: Singapore is a very flat country – the highest point, Bukit Timah hill, peaks at just 163.63m.
9. Fun Fact: At 165m, the Singapore Flyer is the world’s highest observation wheel, and is the height of 31 male giraffes stacked on top of one another.
10. Random Fact: The maximum height for buildings, as set by the Civil Aviation Authority, is 280m – only three buildings reach this height: the OUB Centre, the Republic Plaza and the UOB Plaza.
11. Historical Fact: Singapore was the focus of the greatest defeat in British military history, when General Percival surrendered to the Japanese on 15th February 1942. After 3 years of occupation, the Japanese surrendered on 12th September 1945.
12. Weird Fact: The Jurong Bird Park is home to the world’s highest man-made waterfall (and over 8,000 birds).
I send love!