This is a wonderful card sent by Dilyana. Thank you so much! I love the card 😀 Dilyana has a very good blog of her own. You should check it out!
Well, this card shows the biggest mosque in Brunei! Look at the golden rooftops, are they not just beautiful!?!
Did you know? The Malay name of the country is Negara Brunei Darussalam, which means ‘Nation of Brunei, the Abode of Peace’. Brunei is the most observant Islamic nation in Southeast Asia.
I send love!
Posted in Brunei
Tagged Brunei, mosque
Here goes my very first postcard of Brunei!! So great!! Thank you a thousand times Sergio! You are my hero 🙂
Brunei, is a sovereign state located on the north coast of the island of Borneo, in Southeast Asia. Apart from its coastline with the South China Sea, it is completely surrounded by the state of Sarawak, Malaysia, and it is separated into two parts by the Sarawak district of Limbang. It is the only sovereign state completely on the island of Borneo, with the remainder of the island forming parts of Malaysia and Indonesia. Brunei’s population was 401,890 in July 2011.
Here are some facts:
- Brunei is a Sultanate – run by a King.
- Same family has ruled for over 6 centuries.
- Major source of revenue is petroleum and natural gas.
- Has one of the highest per capita GDP’s in the world.
- Population: approx 400,000 (2010).
- Time Difference: + 8 hours GMT.
- Currency: Bruneian dollars (BND) or ringgit.
- International Dialing Code: +673
- Electricity: 220-240V
- Language: Malay.
- Religion: 67% Muslim, 13% Buddhist, 10% Christian, 10% other.
- Average Temperature: 28.3C (year round).
I send love!!