A wonderful card I got from Aronax in Mongolia! Thank you I love it!
This card shown the Gobi desert which is one of the largest deserts in Asia. I covers parts of northern and northwestern China and of southern Mongolia.
In mongolian “Gobi” means simply “desert” and it is most notable in history as part of the great Mongol Empire, and as the location of several important cities along the Silk Road.
I send love!
Thank you Yeh shu-i for this great mongolian card!
Here I have 10 facts about this fascinating country:
- Sheep outnumber people 35 to one.
- Mongolians do not name their horses; they refer to them by color.
- The population density in Mongolia is approximately 1.9 people per square mile.
- The sun shines well over 200 days per year.
- The current president of Mongolia, Tsakhiagiin Elbegdorj, attended both the University of Colorado at Boulder and Harvard University in the U.S.
- Mongol Khuumii or throat singing involves producing two simultaneous tones with the human voice.
- Prominently featured at the Naadam Festival, the three most popular sports are horse racing, archery, and Mongolian wrestling.
- The average altitude of Mongolia is about 5,182 feet above sea level.
- Only Russia and China share borders with this landlocked country.
- The Gobi Desert is the largest desert in Asia, and is the fifth largest in the world.I really think Mongolia is one underestimated country. And this old man on this poscad looks so peaceful and kind.. makes me smile 🙂
I send love!
p.s. here is the 200th card I got from Singapore! Thank you Eugene!